Saturday 12 February 2011

Creepy Face


Business card

Size: 8.5x5.5 cm

Ok, so together with my strange pee logo I have also created this “piece of art”), my face made of nice words about me. I thought to sell/brand myself with such extraordinary way. This episode has a funny story behind as well. So I spent a night working on this “masterpiece”. Firstly everything, as usual, started with idea. I decided to try playing with words and shadows. The good word with synonyms needed. Thesaurus helped a lot. I browsed some good positive word and it’s synonyms. However the words were not enough and I didn’t want to repeat the words I have already used. There were antonyms also. I took antonyms just to try and see how it going to be. The result was pretty good. I liked it and I was so happy with it that I totally forgot about antonyms that I have used. This picture was posted on one of the main pages on my website and on business card. I was proud of myself. Once I was checking my website and I have noticed a strange and sudden thing. The front cheek of my wordy face was created with a use of word “mean” and it is together with other good words about me. What makes it even worse is that it was the biggest word on my face and just under that word, there was another “wicked”. It was a nightmare. Nevertheless I have managed it and the word “clean” was created from ”mean” and “gifted” from “wicked”. Creative thinking works!) I used letters from other words on my face. Then I showed my “wordy face to Neil(my tutor) and couple of more people. They all said that face was creepy so I had to delete it.


No comments:

Post a Comment